Saturday, November 27, 2010

Meet The Parents

There was another Braunhart “straggler” for which I had no confirmed connection. Through Google searches I had found references to an “LI Braunhart” and an “LJ Braunhart”. I did not know the connection although he had been included in several articles regarding the Reform Rabbi Moses Mielziner. This Braunhart had run a Jewish school in Schubin, which just happened to be the birth place of all the Braunharts and Bernsteins that I had identified.

Through the purchase of my great great grandmother’s (Sara Braunhart Bernstein) death certificate, there was a reference to her parents – Jacob Braunhart and Minnie Zadek.

So the question was – who was LJ Braunhart? Was he the same as Jacob Braunhart in Sara’s death certificate?

On to another search technique that I stumbled upon – Google Books! By searching for “Braunhart” in Google Books, I found several mini biographies of “Levin Jacob Braunhart” and a mini biography of Samuel Braunhart – where lo and behold it stated that Sam was the son of the “renowned Jewish teacher” Levin Jacob Braunhart – so my 3rd great grandparents were found! Yippee!


TIP – TRY SEARCHING GOOGLE BOOKS

Google has many search databases besides the generic Google search. Try Google Books and Google Scholar and if your ancestors were inventors (like some of mine) – Google Patents. You may be surprised what you find – I was!

No comments:

Post a Comment